15 x Tepin Chilli – Capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum Seed
Freshly harvested seed, organically grown in Queensland Australia.
AKA: Chiltepin, Indian Chilli, Chile Tepin, Mother of all chilli peppers.
This is the true round fruit Tepin. Possibly the oldest type of Chilli and the original wild species from which all modern domesticated types are descended.
Very hot fruit measuring 50,000 and 100,000 scoville units.
- Perfect for a permaculture setup – A true wild perennial which can live up to 50 years in the right conditions.
- Also produces a large crop over several months. There always seems to be a mix of red and green fruit available.
- Great for cooking: I love to use just one red and one green when making a large batch of soups or curries. Hot enough for me!
- Also amazing when pickled or fermented into sauces.
- All of our herbs and plant products are grown organically in Queensland Australia. Support local produce!
Soak seeds in warm water for a few hours or overnight. Then sow into seed raising mix (or compost/sand blend) and keep moist, but not wet, until germination. Needs warm temps over 20C, but will eventually sprout as long as the soil does not dry out.
In the sub-tropics and tropics plants are best grown in part shade or a spot that does not get all day sun. It likes some shade from nearby plants for protection.
In temperate areas full sun may be best.
Can be grown in pots.
Likes good drainage – I use compost mixed with coarse river sand.
Just ask if you need help with anything at all.
Please be aware of your local restrictions on the import of plant/seed material.
Happy gardening 🙂