7 x Canavalia Rosea Beans
Freshly harvested, grown organically in Queensland
AKA: Beach bean, Jack Bean, Bay Bean.
- Edible permaculture perennial: Young pods/beans are edible when cooked, mature dried beans used as an alternative to coffee.
- Ornamental Native Australian plant: Beautiful pink flowers and attractive long pods.
- The leaves are popular for making smoking blends, they dry very quickly and burn well. They seem to have a mild sedative effect.
- Medicinal uses include: anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic and more.
- All of our plant products are grown organically in Queensland – no chemicals at all.
Very tough plant and easy to grow, does best in part shade to full sun.
Allow the vine to scramble along the ground or grow up a tree/trellis.
Once the pods dry and brown they tend to explode, sending the beans out a long way from the vine. Self seeds readily – best to harvest all pods before they dry if you don’t want them popping up everywhere 🙂
Soak beans in water overnight, plant direct in garden either in an area where it can scramble, or below a tree/fence/trellis.
Worldwide shipping available.
Please be aware of your local laws/restrictions on the import of botanical products.
Just ask if you need help with anything.
Happy gardening 🙂