AKA Dogbane, Scaredy Cat Plant and Piss-off plant
- Reputed to repel cats and dogs and has been used as a border plant. I must say that I have used it around my veggie patch and it does appear to work, so far no more cats using the area as a toilet.
- Some say it has a disagreeable odour – I actually find the scent very pleasant :p
- It is an attractive fleshy succulent with a sprawling habit. Best grown in containers as it is fast growing and may try to escape. Lavender coloured flowers appear from Spring.
- The flowers also attract bees and other beneficial insects in to your garden.
- Very drought hardy. Tolerates frost.
- From my own research there is more than one type – I have a fleshy thicker leaf and a smaller thinner type, but still quite similar.
- All plants are grown organically in Queensland Australia.
All plants are:
Only sent Monday (All locations) or Tuesday (SEQ and Northern NSW).
Sent Internationally at your own risk. I pack carefully and send by courier but there is always a risk with shipping plants.
Please be aware of your local restrictions on importing plants, before purchasing.
Happy gardening 🙂