1 x Houttuynia cordata (Fish Mint) Plant
AKA fish mint, fish leaf, lizard tail, heartleaf, fishwort.
- Attractive edible herb with lush heart shaped leaves and pretty white flowers.
- Great to use in stir fries or curries. Perfect for some Japanese or Vietnamese dishes. It has a distinctive fresh fish smell and taste, not really minty.
- Good as a permaculture perennial due to the low maintenance and abundant vitamin/mineral production.
- Medicinal herb used as an anti-bacterial, to treat many skin complaints, pneumonia and other ailments. Leaves made into a tea for detox. Also used to inhibit histamine release.
- All of our plant products are grown organically in Queensland – no chemicals at all.
Definitely should be grown in pots or bathtubs etc. as it can easily spread in the right conditions.
Loves moist shady positions – can grow half submerged in water or in damp/boggy area.
I have them in a couple of pots which sit in an old bathtub and wheelbarrow, both used for growing Taro.
Please be aware of your local restrictions on the import of botanical products!
Plants are sent out on Monday/Tuesday only (depending on your location) – to lessen the chance of being stuck in transit on weekends.
Please ask if you need help with anything.
Happy gardening 🙂