20 x freshly harvested seeds of Rubus probus – Atherton Raspberry
- The Atherton Raspberry is one of 8 Native Australian raspberry varieties, and is probably the tastiest.
- It is a vigorous plant, very easy to grow in the right climate.
- Ornamental – Beautiful plant, large fuzzy berries and lush foliage.
- Heavy cropper, it produces abundantly and is very low maintenance. Much more productive than traditional European varieties. Not uncommon to get a few kilos from each plant!
- Great for permaculture and self sufficiency food forests – simple food production.
- These tend to crop twice in one season.
- Unlike European raspberries these can be grown quite easily from seed. Smoke treatment seems to improve the germination rates but I do not use it and have success without.
- Organically grown in Queensland Australia.
We sometimes have seedlings and/or cane cutting available – please ask if not listed 🙂
Sow with a light covering of soil in full sun. Keep moist until germination – this can take a couple of months.
*Smoke treatment can improve germination rates but is not absolutely necessary.
Please be aware of your local laws/restrictions on the import of botanical products!
Happy gardening 🙂